Running to Keep the 'Beach' in Manhattan Beach!
Why Vote for Steve?
- Unparalleled experience for these uncertain times
- Always puts residents first
- Independent, common sense leadership
- Endorsed by current and former Mayors, Councilmembers, School Board members and community leaders
Hi, my name is Steve Napolitano and I’ve lived in Manhattan Beach all my life. I’ve served our community for more than 25 years as a Councilmember and Deputy to County Supervisor Don Knabe.
Four years ago, I ran to get our city working again, get things done and provide independent, common sense leadership.
Here's what I've Done:
- Invested $1 million to keep our kids safe at school and hired more crossing guards
- Protected our neighborhoods from short term rentals
- Fixed miles of broken streets, added flashing crosswalks
- Cut more than $500,000 in unnecessary city staff
- Re-Opened City Hall to a 5 day work-week
- Approved miles of new bike routes
- Voted to keep our Fire Department local and not join the County
- Fully funded police and installed automatic license plate readers to catch criminals
- Installed new public art across the City
I also initiated our first tree ordinance and campaign finance reform, created our "Volleyball Walk of Fame," reduced bulk & density in neighborhoods, created new parks, built our public safety facility and Metlox Plaza, and earned our AAA bond rating.
At the County, I helped build our new library, improved public safety, protected our environment, expanded arts education and created jobs and improved communities.
Today, COVID-19 presents an unprecedented challenge to our residents, our businesses, and our budget in an era of hyper-partisanship. Now more than ever, we need balanced, experienced leadership to solve our problems, keep us safe, and help us recover. And yes, get things done.
But I’m not just running on a record, I’m not about business as usual.
Here’s what I’ll do:
- Protect our small town atmosphere and low profile development
- Fully fund our Police Department and keep our Fire Department local
- Keep Manhattan Beach welcoming, safe and secure for everyone
- Provide independent, common sense leadership
- Keep city hall transparent and accountable
- Support our schools, community groups and nonprofits
Twenty-five years ago I promised to listen to the residents and fight to keep Manhattan Beach the special place that it is. That’s what I’ve done, that’s what I’ll do. Please join our campaign today!